Announcing our Leeds Lieder 2022 Young Artists programme – applications now open.
Festival dates: Thursday 28th April – Sunday 1st May 2022
Application deadline: Tuesday 1st February 2022
> Click here to apply <
Our Masterclasses have always been one of the highlights of the annual Festival. Building on this success, in 2022 we are inviting 10 duos, aged 30 years or under, to become Leeds Lieder Young Artists and immerse themselves in the Festival.
In 2022 (Thursday 28 April – Sunday 1 May) we will present our 11th Festival, this year in partnership with the Howard Assembly Room, just re-opened with superb new facilities after a two-year closure during an adventurous building project to extend the Opera North estate.
There will be opportunities to work closely with either Ann Murray DBE, Dorothea Röschmann, Graham Johnson OBE, or Joan Rodgers CBE, who will share their experiences of working on the international stage and explore the special ensemble relationship of voice and piano. The Leeds Lieder Young Artists will also take part in a live-streamed concert, with further opportunities to perform in a study event led by Dr Katy Hamilton and will receive free tickets to all Festival events featuring artists such as Louise Alder, Ian Bostridge, Imogen Cooper, Christopher Glynn, Ruby Hughes, Graham Johnson, Joseph Middleton, Dorothea Röschmann and Robin Tritschler.
We are committed to nurturing young talent and our knowledgeable, generous and discerning audiences value the opportunity to follow the careers of our young artists. Leeds Lieder Young Artists may also be invited to take part in future Leeds Lieder Concert Seasons, alongside an already established tradition of Ferrier and Wigmore International Song Competition Prize Winners and BBC Radio 3 New Generation Artists.
• Duos are asked to submit a recording of three contrasting songs of their choice (one in German, one in English and one in another language) for consideration by the selection committee.
• We regret we are only able to accept recordings electronically, preferably via a YouTube link.
• Please complete the online application form by Tuesday 1st February 2022.
• Successful applicants will be notified w/c 14 Feb 2022 and must be able to attend the entire Festival. Accommodation will be provided but Young Artists will be responsible for their own travel.
• The fee of £250 per participant is payable by 14 Mar 2022.